How great can a person be?
The story of the camera continues. David is the guy who returned our camera. When I went to pick it up last night. I was very overwhelmed by his act of kindness that I started crying. (Just a little leaking, not the ugly cry.) I gave him a thank you card with $100. in it as a reward. He asked about the boys fishing and it turns out he is an avid fisherman. He has been fishing that lake since he was 10 yrs old. He has about 50 fishing poles. He told me that if El Patron and the boys wanted any help fishing he would be glad to help them. The last trip was only the second fishing trip they went on and they are trying to go more. He is just a really nice genuine man.
El Patron called him last and they started talking about the lake and when is the best time to go. E.P. decided to try it today since they stocked the lake on Thursday and there is no fishing on Friday. I took him to the Bait and Tackle store to get the type of lures that David "the fishing guy" told him about. Who do you think was in that store. David the fishing guy. He took the money that we gave him and bought all new fishing gear for J. including polarized sunglasses that help to see the fish in the lake. ?
He told us that his dream is to one day have a non-profit organization that helps underprivileged kids learn to fish. That is his big dream in life.
So seriously, how great can one person be. I have learned a huge lesson from David the fishing guy. I'm going to try to be more like The Fishing Guy. I think we all tend to circle the wagons in tough times. We all, especially me, try to be a little more selfless in our actions to others.
El Patron took the boys fishing to tryout all the advice that The Fishing Guy gave them. He wasn't going to tell J. about the new gear until they got to the lake.
They left the camera home.
4 comments:
Amazing story ... and the best part is that it's TRUE! It's nice to hear about those amazing selfless people out there in the world.
Glad you got your camera back.
That's incredible. Thanks for sharing such a heartwarming story.
I think we should help David the Fishing Guy launch his dream somehow. Aren't your boys involved with other kids who have Aspergers? Wouldn't "fishing" be a great way to shift focus away from their weakness & develop a skill that would serve them for life?
I am totally impressed that he "gave back" to you a million times over. That is truly a beautiful and wonderful experience for your family.
I'm HONESTLY glad that Spencer is taking time to "semll" the fishes. He needs to get balance and the surgery "forced" the issue. It's so nice that he's doing things with you and the boys besides working his tail off.
Wow! This is an incredible story. I am glad that there are people like this in the world.
Post a Comment