Wednesday, November 12, 2008

After School Conversation


The following is an actual conversation after a difficult day at school-

Mommy: "J2, Your teacher told me that you had a hard time at school today. What happened?"

J2: "It was a feeling."

Mommy: "What feeling?"

J2: "It was a feeling that went up my nose, then it went through the hole between my eyes up into the place at the top of my head where the feelings go."

Mommy: "Where you nervous or scared?"

J2: "It was slowness. It made me do my work really slow. I couldn't help it."

Mommy: "Well where did it come from?"

J2: "From England."

Mommy: "..........."

After I had some time to think about it-

Mommy: "Hey, J2, maybe next time the slowness tries to get in your brain just plug your nose."

After a very exasperated look "It can go in my mouth, duh."

Mommy: "Just close your mouth."

The next day:

Mommy: "Did the slowness try to get in you brain today?"

J2: "Yup."

Mommy: Didn't you plug your nose?"

J2: "It was camouflaged."

Mommy: (Speechless)

5 comments:

Marie said...

How do you keep your sanity?!!! You gave me a hardy laugh. Good luck keeping up with this one.

j. said...

I would love to listen in on that kid's thoughts for a day or two. He cracks me up.

Debie said...

The hardest part about parenting my kids is keeping a straight face.

Lisa said...

I love Jared. He's so CUTE! Hes a funny kid!

Lisa said...

That is hilarious. So awesome.