Friday, October 17, 2008

Ooops, I did it again!

Once again a selfish wish has brought bodily harm to another individual.

I am currently on the Activities Committee at church. This is a calling that I have had for a long time now,I'm thinking like three years at least. I've been lamenting this fact and not so secretly wishing to be released. I was planning to talk to the powers at be to let me go on Sunday when Saturday morning I received a call that the woman who actually chairs the committee was is a horrible accident on Friday night. She and her husband were victims in a rear end accident with a incredibly drunk driver. He was so drunk that he didn't even know that he hit someone. She now is laid up with broken/cracked ribs. Now I'm in charge of the Halloween party.

When will my rein of terror end!

I need to remember to be grateful. I have an opportunity to help the people of my congregation to have a good time and have wholesome activities. God needs my particular talents to help people.

Get well soon, Debbie. The party is in good hands.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

kozzc
KIS Kid. Trunk a Treat (it's all outdoors) invite other wards to participate if your ward is small. People can decorate their cars or trunk if wanted.

That's all kids want to do anyways. If you want to make it a little more fun-Have donuts and hot apple cider in the Cutural Hall for everyone when their done. MAYBE - get some dry ice so the drink looks like a witches brew. Good Enough. Those are the only parties I liked. The other ones were too much work and only the kids had a good time. KIS that's my philosophy! Too bad I don't live closer. I'd help you!

Debie said...

We are doing it with the other ward and everything is planned. I just have the last minute stuff to buy so I shouldn't complain I just thought that it was ironic that this would happen again after what happened to S.

Juan and Anamaria said...

Hi Debbie,

It is great to see you have a blog! I saw your name and face on Lisa's (john's wife)blog, so i followed the trail to yours! Awsome! I look foward to reading it and to see how you are all doing! At our ward they do the trunk or treat and the kids love it. It is quick and fun, just like Lisas.
See you soon!
Love,
Ana