Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Good News and Bad News

"Well, Mr. B we have some good news and bad news for you."

"O.K. lay it on me."

"The good news is that your MRI looks good. We can see no problem with your ACL, so you wont be needing surgery... on your leg."

"...on my leg? I still need surgery?"

"Yes, that is the bad news. You still need to have surgery on the bone spur on your elbow."

"Well O.K. when can we do it?"

"Next Tuesday."

"Great! Oh wait, I have a work meeting I can't miss."

"Well, the soonest after that is not until Nov."

"Oh, that is good news. I would hate to have it indisposed while taking my awesome wife to the Pig Jig."

"We have more news for you."

"Good news or bad?"

" Little of both, all depends on how you look at it. You remember that little test you took?"

"The one I studied for months for that could effect my career and my family?"

"Yup that one. You scored about 80% on them."

"Wow, That's not so bad."

"No, not so bad but not good enough. You needed a score of 90% to pass."

"Crap."

"Well, look on the bright side. Nobody out of your office or the Inland Division passed either. You even scored higher that your friend with a photographic memory."

"Ya, I guess."

"There is a bit more good news. You can take the test again. You will most likely be in a better position to do it. You will have the house finished and have the time to study without that distraction. You are already ahead and know most of the stuff on the test."

" You know, I think your right."

"And even after all this your wife still thinks you are one of, if not the most, smartest person she has ever known and loves you all the more!"

"Ya, Life is pretty good."

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hmmmm...it seems that life is good and I'm excited that despite the obstacles, you guys are still going to the Pig Jig which I thought was Dig. Anyways...Have a Great time and when you get back you & can both enjoy the time Spence gets at home while recovering AND both be made whole again! If I were YOU two-I'd make a trip to the Temple one of my goals while he's down-that will be bring something I can't explain into your home especially with so many things going on.

That is going to be our greatest goal this year and next. Love ya both! Lisa

Unknown said...

I guess it's all a matter of perspective. At least you still have the Pig Jig, which sounds like so much fun.