Sunday, May 3, 2009

Family

I've been thinking a lot lately about "Family" and what that means. I heard a quote from Charles Dicken's "Nicholas Nickelby" that I really liked. We saw it as a movie on PBS one night and one of the last lines really struck and resonated with me.

"Family is not only those who share your blood but those who would shed theirs for you."

I'm very grateful for all of the family that I have... those who share my blood and those who would selflessly shed it for me and mine. For all those who love us and take us for who we are without asking us or expecting us to change. We are blessed for the people that God has placed within our paths that have made our lives so rich.

1 comment:

j. said...

That's a really beautiful thought. I'm totally with you on this.