Monday, May 4, 2009

Cereal





I'm sure we have all heard our kids asking for sugary sweet junk. I think it has been about 2 years since I bought it for my boys and that was for one week in the summer. They have sugary cereal at friends and families, but not at home. I know what a cruel mother. Usually J2 likes Honey Nut Cheerios. He says he like them because they help to lower his cholesterol. (?) One day he was completely pestering his dad all day about having a bowl with him so they could lower their cholesterol together.

Today J2 and I went to the store. When we got there he started to ask for new cereal. I told him he could show me what he wanted but I wasn't going to guaranty that I would buy it. Well he walked by all the sweet, colorful junkie cereal and pointed to Raisin Bran. To say I was stunned would be an understatement. How could I not buy it for him. He had a bowl of it before school and proclaimed it to be delicious. When he saw J after school at he could say was "We got the whole grain, remember WHOLE GRAIN!!!" J. was totally confused until I explained what it was. He had another bowl after school.

1 comment:

j. said...

That kid cracks me up. (And people don't think advertising is effective . . . )