Last night I decided that I would get up early and make some Carmel Pecan rolls from the Artisan Bread book that my Sister-in-law and cousin-in-law, Lisa, recommended. So at the crack of 7 a.m. I got my self going and made the above. I only had enough pecans to go on half but that is O.K. because the little boys didn't want them. I was out of brown sugar so, I borrowed some from my lovely neighbors across the street so they got the other two with pecans. They were such a hit and pretty easy. Next time though I'll use the Brioche dough instead of the Boule recipe. They tasted too sourdough-ie for my taste.
While I was making the rolls I noticed the Orchids outside had bloomed. I've noticed that they have been on the verge for a few days and today one finally bloomed. I love orchids. This is the second year that they have bloomed even though they were here when we moved. Last year we had so many blooms and they are a dark purple. So beautiful!!
Reasons
J2 was not really happy about having to where his glasses. He was afraid that the kids in school would ask if he was blind. This happened last year when he got reading glasses. At first I wanted to him to tell them that "yes, I was blinded by your stupidity" but I don't think that was appropriate so we came up with this.....
That's "I blinded myself...by my AWESOMENESS!" tee-hee!
3 comments:
That is so cute. I totally buy into his awesomeness.
P.S. Those rolls looked delicious. Now I'm hungry for sweets.
The rolls look so yummy! J2 looks great with his glasses and his awesomeness shines through! The flowers are beautiful, the color is so vibrant.:)
Glasses are IN & he is AWESOME! Those rolls are to die for. The recipe makes for incredible pizza crust too. COOL & LOVELY post.
Post a Comment