Friday, December 5, 2008

Tutorial

A Message from the Editor:

Here is a brief lesson on how to read Debie's blog. She tends to use a lot of self deprecating humor. That tends to be her style. She has a good sense of who she is and her capabilities. She just really likes that type of humor. She gets it from her Aunt Sue who is possibly the funniest person she has ever known. President Hinkley used this type of humor as well and for a Prophet he was pretty dang funny.

Debie has a writing style that points out a problem or a bad situation then tries to follow it with some lesson learned or an opposite point of view. It also tends to be tongue in cheek. She also is a very bad speller and has problems using too/to and there/their. We at the editing desk don't always catch those but we are sure you understand what she means.

Debie hails from Utah. Even though she has been in So Cal for 20+ years she still tends to use words like "flippen" and "dang". Fortunately she has stopped using the word "heck". That is just to Utahan.

I guess the trick it to not take it too seriously.

Thank you for your time
The Editor

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hee hee, I feel special because I got the secret code ;)

Lisa said...

I must be stupid, because I don't know what's going on here except I thought your computer crashed!