Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Finally!

For almost a year we had maybe one or two eggs a day. Quite a drop in production. We were able to get some Rhode Island Reds in June then we bought eight assorted chicks at the feed store. I wasn't getting any green eggs and that made me kind of sad so we picked up 3 Americanas. One turned out to be a rooster. We decided that we would keep him so that we can hatch some on our own, that is until he attacks someone then he will have a slight neck adjustment, wink wink.

So I was so excited when Filbert brought these eggs into the house last week. Finally! I've waited so long and had to actually BUY them around Christmas. I was outraged. I haven't bought eggs in like 4 years. I tried to squeeze the chickens to get them to lay but that only made them mad.

I was introduced to someone last night and they said "She has chickens, isn't that great! And she really loves them. Her whole face lights up when she talks about them." I'm not sure how to process that. Yes, that is true, but do I really want people to know that. I mean the no-chicken loving, livestock misunderstanding, unwashed masses. I guess it doesn't matter.

Hello, my name is Debie, and I love chickens.

4 comments:

j. said...

hahaha.

P.S. I didn't realize that green eggs were a real thing. Do you eat them with ham?

Stephanie said...

Very colorful eggs! You really do have a little farm down there ...

Juan and Anamaria said...

Beautiful eggs!

Juan and Anamaria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.