Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Break-Part 2

Christmas Parade


Our 4-H group was in our cities Christmas parade. Usually it is just our horse project that will do it but we are trying to get more of the other kids to participate. J. wanted to decorate the wagon and take his chickens put they needed someone to hold the sign. Before the parade started we were waiting for the other kids to get the horses ready so J2 decided to practice his Christmas songs. First he wanted to climb on the little magnolia trees that they had there but I was afraid that he would knock them over. After the serenade the mom standing by noticed that by standing on the decorative metal light pole my little 6 year old managed to make it tip to the side quite a bit.J. & J2 carrying the banner proudly


The parade route was a whole lot longer than we had anticipated and J2 got tired. We kept getting passed by the horses and pretty soon we were way behind. Being behind the horses in not the best place to walk in a parade. I picked up J2 and got almost as many cheers as the real horses. I was told by another 4-H mom that it takes a great set of Christmas balls to wear antlers like these. I said "Yup, and I just the 4-H Mommy that has them."


Kindergarten Choir





Last year for Christmas J2 was to sing with his Kinder class. At the last minute they put on these big stupid paper collars and bows that were laminated. I don't think they told him about it before the day they were to sing. I knew when they walked in that he was not going to participate just by the look on his face and the big stupid paper collars and bows that were laminated. And he didn't. He stood there for 15 minutes pouting. I was livid. I only let him stay at the party because I would have killed him at home. He promised that he would do better this year when they started to practice. I kept reminding him about the big stupid paper collars and bows that were laminated. He did really great and we were so proud of him. He did have a few sensory moments when the Christmas lights were very sparkly and he kind of zones out. He was so happy that his Grandpa came to hear him sing. He said that was the best part.

Great Job J2!

1 comment:

j. said...

The parade looks like so much fun!

The bows do leave a certain something to be desired, but at least this year went well. Plus, that kid's cute no matter what he's wearing around his neck.