Monday, December 8, 2008

Morning Workout

Classic Speed Bag Platform


This morning at the gym/dojo we did some speed bag drills. I am really, really, really not good at it. What makes it hard to do, other than it moves around a lot, is that everyone else in my class is really good. Even the 12 yr old boy that comes with his mom. When you are between other people who can actually do it and makes the proper "whap-a-ti, whap-a ti" noise, it tends to throw off your rhythm. I would like to be better at this. Just a small goal. When I get good I'll post a video. Don't wait though, it may take a while

We then moved onto the large banana bags and were doing punch combinations then a t-step into a side kick. I was doing fairly well at this until I missed the bag completely and my left knee felt like it bent forward a little. I yelped in pain and dropped down to the ground. The tuff girl in me said "Don't be such a girl and get up." Sensi Tony asked me what happened and when I told him he said "Oh yea, that hurts. I've done that a lot." That gave me a bit of permission to cry just a little. No tears. He wiggled my knee cap then told me to walk around. He said that it will hurt for about 3 days.

Great.

Since it is my knee and not my arms I can focus on my speed bag drills. See, a silver lining in a misplaced side kick. It's all about a positive attitude!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Dang! You sure are doing some hard core working out! I couldn't do that. I'm a stepper/aerobics girl. But...I bet you're better than you're letting on! Hope you heal the way that guys said! You GO GIRL!