Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Perfect End to a Long Week

It has been a long week. Things have been nuts with MMA practice, a different schedule, Halloween party to get ready for, a trip to prepare for, 4-H meetings, Blah, Blah, Blah,

We had the Halloween Party which went really great. There were a lot of glitches which nobody really knew about and so many people told us that they had a great time. It was a whole lot of work, so now we have about a month to get Christmas going.

My mommy came to stay for a week and a half to take care of the boys while we're in Georgia. We also had Parent/Teacher conferences with the boys, which means minimum days all week. J. is doing really great in school. The only problem is he reads when he isn't suppose to.

So today went really well. We were on time for church. We have been since J. turned 12. After church we came home and I had a nap while the boys ate most of the Halloween candy they got last night. J2 was bouncing around all day.

In the afternoon, I got up and started to make dinner. We have been having Gnocchi on the 29th of each month. It is a very Uruguayan thing to do. Everyone in Uruguay has Gnocchi on the 29th and I love them. Every time we've gone to Uruguay we aren't there on that day so I don't get to have them. We have been doing this for about 4 months and I am getting better and better at it. This month were going to be out of town so because of that and in honor of my mommy being here we made them today.




My mother-in-law gave me a little gnocchi roller tool that we use to make them. If you are unfamiliar with gnocchi they are like potato dumplings. This time I put Parmesan cheese in it so they were very tender. We also have to have them with meat sauce. J2 has been very good at making them.



They turned out delicious!
El Patron wanted me to make a double batch so that we could have lots. J2 ate three plates. He out ate everyone. The other night at dinner it was his turn to say the prayer and he asked that Mommy would make gnocchis soon.



Me and the little Chef.
(he wouldn't open his eyes, booger)



And while we were making these, J. was hard at work making an apple pie. The crust is store bought but he made the filling. His Grandma made him a chef jacket for his birthday. He was so excited to get it. It was the smallest one that she could find and it is huge on him... for now. He has been wearing it for 3 days, like a shirt.




Yep, a perfect end.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Those look SO YUMMY. I am drooling.

j. said...

Cute family photos.

I think it's wonderful that you cook with the boys. To this day, Easy Mac is the best I can do in the kitchen.

And gnocchis are my favorite!

Lisa said...

INSANE! You could publish this in a Cooking Book! THey look absolutely superb! Gerardo is going to freak when he sees this post. Wow!

WHY do the Uruguayans make these on the 29th? I love this tradition. I'll have to try my hands at this again. I tried once & was wiped out for life. Your pics really inspired me!

The BOYS! SO DANG CUTE!!!

The Freshman said...

The Gnocchis look great! J's pie looks so Yummie! I so wish I could be there! Makes me jealous. Why do the Uruguayans make these on the 29th? Curious.

You always look like you and the boys are having fun but always sooooo busy. Good way to be.