Monday, October 27, 2008

One day and COUNTING!




Well constant readers, tomorrow is the day! We fly out early to Georgia. I'm very excited and apprehensive at the same time. The getting there and getting home are very unnerving. I'm always afraid that the reservations wont be there and were stuck, El Patron all fuming.

This is a trip that I think about all year. I think about all the fun I had with the Pogo Porker team. Like Danny and I raiding the cotton field, dancing with Kelly, Sabrina, and Pam, the friendship of everyone, the horrible singing from El Patron, Wilton and Brown. We live so far away and really different lives but I love these people. If it wasn't for the gators and the humidity I wouldn't mind living there. They are all just the best people. Unpretentious, down to earth, hardworking, love of God, Family and Country. It isn't all about the BBQ. It is all about friendship and a chance for El Patron and I to relax and re-connect. And I don't cook or clean up after anybody!

I'll post some of the pictures next week. Well the ones we can ;)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

YES!!! Very excited for you! GREAT PICTURE. You guys look SO HAPPY. Love it love it love it! Have FUN!!!

j. said...

Have fun!!!

Lisa said...

I had to write in again. Your comment today really touched me. You're really an incredible person. Have a GREAT time! LOVE Ya! That was funny about, "sometimes it hurts" Me too-I concur.