My lovely sister-in-law, Lisa, and her beautiful and brilliant daughter, Jacki, have started blogs. of there own and has inspired me to update mine. I love Lisa. She is one of the people who see the beautiful side of me. She sees who I am for my virtues not my vices. I have nothing but love and respect for her and Gerardo and her family.
So, I've added yet another item to the growing list of thinks to do. Here are a few things that I am involved in. Aside from being mommy to two amazing boys with Asperger's Syndrome I help in J2's class once a week, I am co-coordinator for the Picture Person art program at the boys school, activities board at church, 4-H leader for Weaving and Gardening, The boys are in Two 4-H projects each (J is in Poultry and Foods and Nutrition, J2 in in Poultry and Dog), I am taking the Master Gardeners Course offered in our county which requires 50 hour of community service next year, the boys started MMA (mixed martial arts) and Judo in the summer and they go at least 4 hours a week for that, I am also on the Conference Committee for my Spinning guild for the Southern California Handweaving Conf. in March 09. J2 has two classes before he goes to kindergarten in the afternoon. He has OT Tuesday mornings and speech on Thursdays, I've picked up another kid ( I always knew I'd have a daughter one day) and watch my friends Daughter H before and after school. She goes to a different school with a different schedule as J who has a different school schedule from J2. For the next two months J and I are in a Independent Film (more on that later). I also help with the pigeons and the chickens, work in the yard/garden, make everyone Breakfast,Lunch and Dinner and clean house (sometimes).
I don't have an alarm clock it is more of a starters pistol. My goal by Thursdays is to have a shower. The great part of this is that I know that I am not alone in my efforts. There are so many wonderful mommies out there being all thing to all the people they love.
I guess you could say that I took that proverbial candle, broke it in half and lit all four ends.
2 comments:
Yay! So fun to be able to check in and see how you're doing. You're so busy! But you have an amazing and full life.
Keep us posted...
The proverbial candle metaphor is pretty funny! You were way too generous & kind with your words about us my dear. Well..I'm really glad you're going to get this blog on the road here! It's the best at trying to keep up with everyone without spending hours on the phone you know? Good job! Give the boys in your life a big hug and hello from us here in Cowboy land! Hope to see you guys at Ben's for Sunday dinner.
Post a Comment