In the morning he ate like a horse, especially the jello that we had made special for his recovery. There were drops that we had to put in four times a day that stung and he hated them but this is what he looked like a week later.
He has been doing great. There is a little bit of drifting on his left eye but his vision is 20/20 with a slight astigmatism and his depth perception had greatly improved. He has new glasses that fit him and keep his eyes from drifting. We have to see the eye doctor every three months for the foreseeable future, but they say he looks really good.
Here he is at Sectional Field Day with two of the cuties from our club.
Looking back at the first picture makes my heart hurt. I can't even imagine what his world was like not to be able to see. I've been told that at church his behavior improved greatly after the surgery and it is better at home. He isn't in his own world.....as much. I know that God has given us weak thing to make us strong, this has made him stronger.
3 comments:
I cannot BELIEVE the difference! I had no idea just how bad it was for him because every time I see him he's happy as a lark and he always makes me laugh because he's so stinkin' cute!
That one girl on the right looks like a barbie doll. What a journey you guys have been on. I'm so glad his quality of life is better. What a champ and YOU'RE a GREAT MOM.
That's awesome. I'm glad the surgery went well.
I had so much fun with your boys when we went to the beach. They're great kids, and it's cool to know that J2 is navigating this obstacle so well.
I'm am so happy for him! He has always been such a sweetheart. It is wonderful to hear that this difficult trial has been resolving itself well.
Glad you are blogging again!
Post a Comment