Today at the Dojo I did my belt test. I had earned the right number of stripes and was able to apply for my Yellow Belt. After the boys Judo class on Tues. and Thurs. there is a Family kickboxing class that we have been doing once in a while, when we have the time. Its fun and I get to workout with J2 mostly. In fact I usually get a few of the little kids who tag along. J. doesn't like it and kind of dogs in most of the time if he isn't in the office doing homework. It is the only way that he can get out of it if I am there.
Yesterday I turned in my application and thought I would be getting it in the morning. After we did our warm-ups tonight Sensi Tony told us to line up. That is where you line up in two rows according to belt ranks. I thought that was odd because he has never done that before. Then he asked me for the goals. I have never seen him do that to an adult. Always the kids but never an adult...well that I have seen. Usually he just gives it to them...I've seen that. So I had to say the goals. I wasn't sure that I knew them. Honesty, diligence, respect, courtesy, responsibility, humility and obedience-all while J2 watched me from the front row and my cell phone was ringing as El Patron was trying to call me. Then I had to give definitions to the goal, REALLY?!? I didn't even have my camera!
Well, I passed and when we got home J2 told me that he finally has respect for me because we have the same belt color. I guess that was missing all along, a yellow belt.
4 comments:
Congratulations! Now you'll finally be getting the R-E-S-P-E-C-T that you deserve.
:)
Truly a GREAT post. Loved hearing about it.
Congratulations on your belt! Sing some Aretha Franklin! :)
Finally....some respect!
That's really cool! Congrats!
Post a Comment