Lots of things have happened around here so it may take me a few days to get to it all but lets try, shall we.....
County Field Day
He had a big improvement in the Judging Competition. This is a competition for overachieving 4-Hers. They have posters with different types of animals or equipment used for farm animals and some homemaking equipment and you have to put it in order, identify it or put it in the classifications. J. usually does horrible at it but we make him do it so he gets credit in his record book. This year he won a 4th place ribbon which he was so proud of. Mainly he said that it was because he knew the cooking equipment.
J2 did a demonstration as well. He calls it Poster Day and has so much fun with it. His is titled "Water...Again and Again." and is about the water cycle. He is supposed to say "evaporation" but it comes out "ezaperation" which is just so endearing. He got a green ribbon for participation and isn't able to move on but he can do his Demonstration at Sectionals in the mini clinic that they do there. He did the Judging Competition as well but they ran out of green participation ribbons and got blue ones. He was so ecstatic about it.
Later in the day, J. asked me if he could buy some chips. I told him no, we had no money for snacks that is why we took our lunch. He then told me "Well, J2 got some Cheetos."
"Where did he get Cheetos?"
"One of the leaders bought it for him."
Sigh....By the time I was done with my judging and went over to the concession stand he had Doritos. I asked who was feeding my kid? One of the county 4-H ladies who thinks my boys are too cute and funny said that she had because..."he said he was hungry." HE is...every 20 minutes! She bought him 2 bags of chips, a soda, and some candy which he isn't suppose to have. I'm always amazed at the way he can finagle food off of people. I didn't raise him that way...I expect it is my brother Dean in him.
At the beginning of the day the County All-Stars do an Opening Ceremony with the flag salute and the 4-H pledge. Then they had everyone stand up and they played "YMCA" by the Village People and tell everyone to dance to it while they, the too cool teenagers, stand there looking at everyone like "what is your problem?" Come on, lead by example! This happened last year too. Now, if you know me, I cant hear music and not dance. And DISCO pleeeese, have too! So up I went and showed them how it is done! Totally embarrassing my son, the pre-teen one, the little one went with me! Someone asked me later if I ever embarrass my husband like that. I told them no, he is use to that kind of behavior. He just shakes his head and stays out of the way.
3 comments:
I'm with you on lead by example. Teens just standing there watching? GIve me a break. Good for you to get involved in all ways!
Your boys are CUTE and what wonderful experiences they are having. Great photos too! Glad to see you're blogging again.
You guys are interesting because you do things that are so unique and it's been educational for us reading your blog. We missed you at the shower, but hope to see you at the next gathering.
Tell your BOYS hello for us!
This was hilarious.
Good job to both of the boys. It sounds like they're doing as well as ever. I especially like to see those happy photos.
Good job boys! We wouldn't expect any less of you though.
Post a Comment