El PAtron called be Mid-Saturday morning and asked me what we had going on. I had a written take home test from the Master Gardening Class that I hadn't started and was due on Monday. I decided that I would work on it Saturday. E.P. said he had three tickets to the Police-Military-Fire Submission Grappling Tournament that a friend of his was fighting in and changed his mind so he had free ticket. It took about a nanosecond for me to say "OH HECK YA!" So after a quick shower we went. J. took a book and J2 took Leogs. On the way to the event I told them they were to take nothing but a good attitude into the arena. No book, No legos. They were going to watch the fights with Mommy. (I bet your mother never said that to you!)
When we got inside the fights hadn't started. The boys were moaping. J2 saw the snack table and was starving, even though we just had lunch. I told him that I had no money and if he wanted a hot dog go ask if you can get a free one because your cute and are an increadable banjo player.
The fights didn't start on time so we had some time to kill...and the camera so we started goofing with the camera.
That helped the boys to start to have fun. J2, who cannot sit down wanted to go look around. We were sitting on the bleachers where I could see everything so I told him he could go if he stayed out of the way. He was talking to the ladies at the door. He wanted to find out what was the stamp they used on our hands. I was intently watching the fights.........
J2 replied "The lady at the front door."
"Why?"
"I asked her if she would give me a Hot Dog cuz I'm such a cutie!"
"Give half to your brother."
I guess I wasn't watching well enough. I went and talked to the lady, between boughts of course. I was very embarassed and offered to pay for the hot dog. I wasn't sure how since I really didn't have any money. She said that it was o.k. she didn't mind and was very nice about the whole thing.
The matches were mostly good. There was a few really good ones. J. started to enjoy the fights and we had good seats. We talked about the stratagies and what moves they were using. They had the works. Cage, Anouncer in a Tux, and two Ring girls.
J2 loves the ring girls. He started cheering for the girls, then wanted to wave at them as they went by, then he wanted to talk to them, then take their picture......
.............................Then sit with them.
He told them lots of stuff. There was an Army guy standing close by and said that J2 had more game than he did. I told him most 6 yr. olds do. When he told the girls that we had a silver car and they could follow us home, that was when I took him away. The blond girl told me "Good luck with this one!" Oh I am, darlin', I am.
I asked them what he was going to do with them when he got them home and he said he didn't know. I told him he shouldn't ask girls over until he knew what to do with them......? Right, not my best piece of advice.
That night we were invited over to a friends house to watch the St.Pierre/Penn UFC fight. I still hadn't done my test but....if you follow the UFC it was one to see, so we went. I figured I had watched about 6 hours of fighting and about 15 to 16 fights. Good times!
1 comment:
That's hilarious! Sounds like you had a great time, and the pictures are super cute.
Post a Comment