Every year at the Pig Jig I build a bit of a reputation. Last year it was for dancing. This year it was for special "hugs".
Let me explain.
We arrived in Georgia on Tuesday and stopped at the site on our way to the hotel. I was in the kitchen with Wilton and Mike and El Patron was on the front porch with Sam, Scott and I think Jeff. I was telling Wilton and Mike about the boys taking MMA and how I was able to take a sample class as well. I explained the things that we were doing and when I got to the choke hold Mike said, "That is where you crush there wind pipe, right? "
"No," I said "what it does, when you do it righ,t is to stop the flow of blood to the brain by putting pressure on the artery."
"Really," said Mike "Show me."
So I did. He had to squat down a bit so I could get a good hold on him. I wrapped my arm around his neck and applied, what I thought of as gentle pressure. I only had him for a few seconds. I asked if he was alright and he shook he head yes so I let go. As he was standing up he said "Ya, that really didn't hur......" and he fell forward hitting Wilton in the chest on the way down. I thought he was just fooling around until he hit the floor with his chin.
Then it hit me, he was out.
Everyone on the porch heard the crash and came running in to see what happened. El Patron thought that he was having a heart attack or something worse. When we told them what happened, EP asked him "Why didn't you tap?"
"I forgot to tell him about that." I said sheepishly. I really didn't think I did it that hard.
Poor Mike, everyone was laughing. Scott had me do it to him but he had the all important lesson about tapping so he was o.k. They both said that it doesn't really hurt but you can fill the blood stopping. It is something that can be dangerous and absolutely nothing to mess around with. Those were the only two I did over the weekend.
For the rest of the weekend Sam would tell everyone to look out for me, that I had a special hug that I would give them. Then he told them what I did to Mike. Poor Mike. I really do fill badly about it.
Today at Judo I told the boys teacher about it and during the warm ups he pointed to J. and said "I heard that your Mom has been choking guys out." Whereas the parents laughed and some gave me some strange looks. He did tell me that he would teach me how to wake someone up after I put them to sleep. Sweet!
I guess in Mikes defense he had been drinking some.
3 comments:
That's hilarious! Good story. Poor Mike.
It's amazing that even in the caaual way you were demonstrating-it had so much power. Amazing.
I really liked the way you set up your blog page. Very inviting and beautiful. I love the color. You don't seem to miss a beat. Home for a day and back to the routine with the boys! Welcome Back-even if your mind is still in Georgia!
Funny POST today! Have a GREAT week!
Who says that you have to be as big as one of the guys to be able to take them down. Way to go woman!!
Post a Comment