Why the promotion? El Patron went back to the 3/12 shifts and is trying to pick up overtime and lets face it, he is so desperate for help that he has given ME more responsibility. We need to start training the old birds for the race season and start breeding for the young bird race season.
Yesterday he has a rare day home, his only one this week, and he took the birds out to fly. Later in the afternoon he looked out towards the lofts and said "Oh, hey that one made it back." I didn't even see the pigeon but he not only saw it from across the yard but knew who it was. He has about 100 pigeons and knows all of them, what they fly, and who their parents are. I've always been so impressed that he can do that. He was able to do that with the sheep too.
Wish me luck in my new position, unfortunately there is no pay increase but the benefits are great!
2 comments:
You CRACK me UP! You have a great way to LOOK at things. Witty Girl you are! Good Luck. The photo really sets the tone for the post.
PS: That is really amazing that Spencer can identify them ALL. That's really something.
Ha! I love this. Good luck with the birds.
And I agree with my mom. Spencer is crazy smart.
Post a Comment